Under the direction of the Manager of Engineering Drafting and Range Design this position will prepare detailed architectural drawings used in the design and installation of Action Target Inc. Ranges. Assist with the architectural aspects of projects that require Drafting services. Drawings to including dimensions, tolerances, notes and revision control and other engineering information as required.
Must have experience with the following
Minimum 2 year degree in architectural design and drafting.
4 + years of architectural design and drafting experience.
Proficiency in using Revit and AutoCAD
General working knowledge of the International Builders Codes.
Capable of creating consistent accurate and detailed AutoCAD documents.
Essential Functions Statement
- Primary duties will be to create and update Revit and AutoCAD architectural assembly drawings, detail drawings and BOMs.
- Prepare documents for design reviews.
- Expected to work and communicate well with other team members using written and oral communication skills in order to meet the goals of the project, the department, and the company.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assure the design criteria has been met and to assist installers during installation.
- Produce plans based on mechanical specifications, engineering notes, sketches, and verbal direction from team and detailed drawings and design information according to project standards and procedures.
- Compile data, perform dimensional and routine calculations required for drawing preparations.
- Experience in producing fabrication drawings a plus.
- Prefer experience in producing BIM “building information modeling” using Revit.
- Proficiency in reading and understanding building construction plans.
- Support the Range Design Team with HVAC design data as needed.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with multiple teams.
- Knowledge of MS Office products is a must.
HVAC Knowledge Not Required but Helpful
- The Draftsman/Designer may also serve as a resource for HVAC design tasks.
- Assist Engineering in performing HVAC Load Calculations and Energy Simulations.
- Capable of designing basic ductwork sizing and routing.
- HVAC Design experience with all types of systems.
- Knowledgeable in HVAC systems types, performance.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Knowledge of building code requirements.
- Communicate with Contractors, Architects, and building owners.
- Stay current with building codes and changing technology.
- Experience in commonly used HVAC equipment such as RTU’s, (Roof Top Unit) AHU’s, (Air Handling Unit) FCU’s, (Fan Coil Unit).