Who is Action Target?
Action Target has the creativity and drive to develop innovative new firearms training technology, the experience to properly apply that technology to solve today’s training problems, and the dedication to provide the best ongoing service and support in the industry! We are the best of the best. You should check out our YouTube page – see the amazing stuff we’re doing!
What’s in it for you?
- A very cool industry where you will get to work with and interact with some very unique and cool customers.
- Competitive wages.
- A chance to grow in a positive working environment with an outstanding team and make a difference!
- Outstanding Benefits-We offer benefits to fit everyone’s budget! All full-time employees have access to Health Benefits, Telehealth, Matching 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO, and Paid Holidays.
- Industry Perks- As a community of outdoor and shooting enthusiasts, we are passionate about our gear. Working with our industry partners we have obtained discounts for our employees on firearms, targets, optics, range passes, and many other products.
- Cell phone and per diem allowances
- Traveling and working, seeing different areas and ranges while helping save the day!
What will you be doing?
As a full-time traveling field service technician, you will perform repairs and maintenance functions on our equipment and range customers around the upper Midwest.
What do you need to be able to do?
- Must be currently living in the Upper Midwest area with plans to remain there.
- Ability to leave Monday and not return home until Friday (and sometimes Saturday) working at multiple facilities during the week.
- Work performed on our shooting range equipment will vary from electric motors, to circuit boards and electronic components, to pneumatic valves and control systems, to large steel bullet traps and heavy buckets of lead.
- Must be able to pass background clearance checks for access to secure federal and military installations. Must be able to secure a passport.
- Experience with electricity including high voltage and 3-phase.
- Experience with mechanical troubleshooting and repair.
- Experience with electronics concepts and components.
- Very strong skills in customer service, relationship building, and interpersonal communication.
- Computer skills including word processing, basic networking, and communication port configuration.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy loads up to 150 pounds.
- Ability to work in narrow spaces and on ladders.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with little supervision.
- Valid driver's license.