Range Sales Associate
Who is Action Target?
Action Target has the creativity and drive to develop innovative new firearms training technology, the experience to properly apply that technology to solve today’s training problems, and the dedication to provide the best ongoing service and support in the industry! We are the best of the best. You should check out our YouTube page – see the amazing stuff we’re doing!
What’s in it for you?
- A pretty cool industry where you will get to work with and interact with some very unique and cool customers.
- Competitive wages.
- A chance to grow in a positive working environment with an outstanding team and make a difference!
- Outstanding Benefits-We offer benefits to fit everyone’s budget! All full-time employees have access to Health Benefits, Telehealth, Matching 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO, and Paid Holidays.
- Industry Perks- As a community of outdoor and shooting enthusiasts, we are passionate about our gear. Working with our industry partners we have obtained discounts for our employees on firearms, targets, optics, range passes, and many other products.
- Cell phone and per diem allowances
- Traveling and working, seeing different training ranges!
What will you be doing?
In this role you will be working with and learning from the Territory Manager to achieve sales goals while helping customers design the range that will help them succeed in their business needs.
Some of your day to day tasks:
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information and share best practices
- Demonstrate and explain the operation and use of products.
- Cold calling to potential clients to generate new leads and business.
- Calling and visiting existing clients to maintain and ensure customer loyalty and satisfaction with Action Target.
- Assist territory manager in project management of all won bids and help secure all key players involved are performing according to agreed terms.
- Create bids to clients based on territory manager instructions as well as own initiated bids.
- Negotiate contracts and terms with clients.
- Assist territory manager ensure all clients in territory are covered and the full potential of the territory is achieved.
- Complete expense reports, sales reports, and misc. paperwork.
- Study information about new products so that equipment and supplies can be accurately depicted, and proper recommendations made.
- Compute customer's installation or production costs, and estimate savings from new services, products, or equipment.
- Consult with engineers regarding technical problems
- Travel to territory advise customers regarding layouts, legal and insurance regulations, cost analysis, contract negotiations and collection methods for outdoor range sales.
- Stock and distribute resources such as samples and promotional and educational materials.
- Obtain building blueprints and specifications for use by engineering departments in bid preparations.
What do you need to be able to do?
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Two to four years related experience especially in the areas of sales, project management or law enforcement.
- Well trained on spreadsheets and word processing. Familiar with ERP systems and their basic functionality is a plus.
- Must be able to work alone without supervision and still be effective and get prospecting and job tasks done expeditiously.
- Be crazy organized!