IT Systems Administrator works closely with business users, I.T. personnel, and vendors to install, configure, test, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, and support the hardware and software for the organization’s LAN and WAN users in our mixed Linux and Windows environment, including performing routine preventative maintenance.
Share responsibility with Jr. Systems Administrator for the I.T. Service Desk tickets, I.T. related steps for on-boarding and off boarding employees, I.T. asset tracking, hardware equipment standards and procurement, computer images and the imaging system, and driving continuous improvement efforts in these areas.
Responsible for user provisioning for various systems including ERP, LDAP, Active Directory, telecom, Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, etc.).
Support the Systems Administrators in network modeling, analysis, planning, security, troubleshooting, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and administer, network, computer systems, and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, application software, hosted software, and all configurations.
- Analyze and assess incoming service tickets, gather necessary information from requester and others to be able to select and assign the correct resource.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain desktop applications
- Configure and deploy VOIP phones
- Analyze equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- User provisioning for network and telecom systems, and internal and external software systems including email.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements
- Create, maintain and improve work instructions related to this position.
- Understand, implement, adhere to, and evangelize IT policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience Include: (but are not limited to the following)
- Minimum: Associates degree in I.T. field with 2-4 years’ experience or 3-5 years’ experience in a Systems Administrator role
- Linux proficiency - specifically knowledge of the command line interface and basic utilities
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory, including user creation and group policy management
- Experience configuring and maintaining Microsoft Windows based computers and related software
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Proven customer service attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, making good/timely choices in stressful situations
- Technical aptitude – ability and desire to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, energetic
- Ability to adhere to a consistent work schedule
- Skilled in Linux, Microsoft Windows, VOIP, storage, TCP/IP, MS Office 365, MS Office applications
- Experience with a scripting language such as Bash or PowerShell